Monday, September 14, 2009

Type of religion i should belong to.

The highest Eastern Religion in my test was Thervada Buddhism, whish came in fourth with 86% in common. I agree with many things in this religion there are 8 main areas of belief.
1. Belief in Deity: It is irrelivant and Buddha was a Sage Human not a higher power. I agree with this because i am not a believer of one or even many higher powers ("Gods").
2.Incarnations: Buddha was a fully enlightened spiritual leader and because he is human there are no incarnations of god worshipped. I agree with this for the same reason as the belief in a diety. I do not believe there is one.
3. After Death: They believe in the "layer" system and that your atman is released which i dont agree or disagree with. Im not really sure how the soul is "realesed" or even if it is.
4. Why people evil: They believe people are evil because they can be there not made either way. I agree with this because i believe people make concious choices to do good or evil (except exeptions including mental patients, Etc.).
5. Enlightenment: They believe that it is an individual journy to Nirvana. I agree, and do not believe anyone but yourself can gain true enlightenment and that the journy is truely your own not to be directed by other people.
6. Why suffering: Life is suffering caused by bad last "lifes". I dont agree or disagree with this, it is simple one way of looking at suffering.
7. Origins of Universe and Life: Scientist show how it happens. I fully agree with this and do not believe "god" made earth.
8. Contemperary issues: Homosexuality is usually accepted by Buddhists are usually accepting but they consider abortion murder they also believe that women should and can do what they want. I agree with all of these except i believe that abortion can be nessesary and should be allowed at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment